Skip to main content

Seeburg MRA1-L6

Seeburg MRA1-L6
A friend of mine sent this Seeburg MRA1-L6 to me to be gone through. At first glance I thought it should be a typical recap job, but it was quickly discovered this things has some big issues . I will discuss those a later. 

This amplifier came out of a Seeburg M100A.  This jukebox plays 100 sections. There is a total of 50 discs and this player will play either side. My friend is currently working on mechanics of jukebox while I am working on the amplifier.The photos below show the amplifier as I received it.

The issues with this amplifier besides the old capacitors from about 1948 is the output transformer and possibly the power transformer. The output transformer is near the center of the first photo at the top. I believe it has been chewed on by possibly mice. The inner wrapping is showing and the wires are loose. The power transformer checks out fine with an ohm meter, but the wires to the primary and the center tap of the high voltage has been cut. This made me wonder why they were cut.

The solutions to the problems would have been more expensive than finding a complete amplifier. So that is what we did, we found a complete amplifier. I am hoping it arrives early next week. I will then post about it and the work to be done on it. 
  
The amplifier as I received it.
The underside.
Up close of the old caps.
Up close of the power plug and the splicing of the output transformer. If you look close in the bottom center you can see the cut wires.

Comments