I picked up this radio at a local flea market. It was in fair shape and dirty. The radio smells like cigarette smoke as it heats up. Below you can see what the top side looks like.
I changed all electrolytic and film capacitors. Below is the underside before I change capaitors.
Here is a photo after:
The only issue this radio had was an open 33k ohm resistor coming off the meter adjust pot. The symptoms were the meter seeing a constant 7 volts across it and a lower screen voltage on the first IF amplifier. Once the resistor was replaced the voltage went away and the screen grid voltage went back to normal.
Cleaned up face.