Skip to main content

Heathkit A7-E Finished

I have finally finished this amplifier. I am pretty happy with it. It sounds great!
To get this amplifier to where it is now I had to completely replace everything except the pots, power transformer, and tube sockets. Although that sounds like a lot it was not to bad and it allowed me to be certain everything was wired correctly and all resistor values were correct.



As you can see I added the 12SL7 where the old capacitor can used to be. The 12SL7 works great for a microphone input, but it gets by passed when used for input from audio source such as my turntable.  Also, you can see I have replaced the output transformer with a new one from Edcor USA.

Comments